Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Windows 10 - The birth and death of troll

Windows 10 upgrade sure was total troll by all means possible

First, I didn't plan to upgrade Windows 10 until at least 6 months had passed since release but looks like Microsoft wanted me to upgrade no matter what. You see when you're playing fullscreen RTS you definitely do NOT want any pop-ups do you want to ugprade Windows 10 right NOW!. Well good thinking Microsoft, I have to admit, that you put pop up window to middle of screen and "Yes"-button would be under default position of the mouse when it returns from full screen application. Oh I was totally pulled rug under my feet when my online RTS session suddenly ended to message: "Please stand-by Windows is being upgraded" with no option to cancel and computer rebooted to automated installation. 

Second: I do not like new Win7/8 Mix layout at all. I liked Vista layout, when upgraded to Windows 7 I had to make it look like Vista. Still my Windows 7 layout is same as it was in Windows 7 and I tried Windows 8 and 8.1 until it broke down by itself and had to reinstall to Windows 7. Well anyway lets continue, problems with Windows 10 is that default explorer got huge face uplift that looked like Johanna Tukiainen after plastic surgery. I was totally, no no no no no no, nope nope nope nope nope. Anyway even though I hate Windows 10 I still tried to learn to use it and turns out you cannot power use same way as you did old one. Button icons are not in same place, old shortcut keys do not work, huge load of crap when logging in and trying to set up finger print scanner and software which ultimately failed because Windows 7 registers are still showing my fingers are registered for my current windows account but you cannot use old ones so you have make new ones but hey you cannot delete old ones, so you have to make new ones, but you still cannot delete old ones, so try make new.. Sigh...

Third: It self-destructs very interestingly. You know what you do not want computer OS to do to you? Halt all operation for no apparent reason and after rebooting you notice features are missing. First I lost search function, no search function in start menu or folders. Okay, I can live with that, I remember where everything is so no problem. Second it decides you're using too much calculator and it is bad for your brain, so let me delete that for you. So no search function or calculator, greeaaaaat.
Because second time doesn't come without third, the third deleted whole start menu completely and pressing command key (windows key) crashes Windows. Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! Hilariously absurd behavior from released OS that should have been tested a lot before put into field release. You know, I tried to use Windows 10 open-beta but after installation it crashed when I got to desktop and Windows core files gone and cannot boot windows or repair it.

Now we get to interesting part, I had my school works needed to be finished so I wasn't able to afford reinstall Windows and reinstall all programs that I need for my school projects so I kept just using Windows 10 without search function, no start menu or calculator. Then 14th day of December a miracle happened. Windows 10 installed some updates and start menu, calculator and search function came back to alive! So I am going to be trolled again in near future or did they fix these bugs? I checked virus program logs and it hasn't deleted or marked any files suspicious so I have ruled that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts