Monday, July 14, 2014

Brute force and electronics don't get along so well

Okay here is a friendly reminder what happens when you rush when things are not going as planned.

Picture owned by V1N3 @ Murobbs
Ouch... That is a dead graphics card now. Busted screw and tried to use pliers and shit happened. 6 lines broken and very deep scratch on PCB. Dead card for most.

But hey because I read MuroBBS often and saw the cry for help decided to help V1N3 with this problem. He sent that card to me trough postage when I promised to fix it at work during my lunch break.

I took my camera with me but forgot my storage card on my desk so it was not really use. Managed only take one some what good picture when I finished fixing the lines
Picture owned by ME! (yeah wanted to say that, feel free to use when you mention the owner)

And after some make up
Yeah fixed them good and pretty. Nobody will notice

Sadly I wasn't able to test the card because I don't have any spare GPU cooler that fits to HD6970 so going to send it back to its original owner and hear his thanks trough email or grief how I have failed. Did it succeed or not? To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts